Thursday, January 17, 2008

Goals for the Course

Hey Girls! I was just seeing if everything was working. I'm not sure if we have to post this first blog or not, but I thought I would try it out.

One of my personal goals is to gain more confidence in the classroom. I have had lots of experience with children while at MSU and in my hometown. I just need to feel confident making decisions, giving feedback, and being in the lead role. I feel this will come with the experience of the class. I will get lots of opportunities to interact, ask questions, and make decisions throughout the semester. I think this will be a wonderful opportunity for me to become more comfortable and allow me to develop my own personal teaching philosophy. In order to gain confidence, I will be timely and attend all sessions. I will engage in activities and planning, ask questions, offer suggestions and ideas. I will also keep a positive outlook and ask for feedback.

I hope to successfully integrate some technology into the curriculum over the course of the semester. I am very interested in learning multiple strategies for working with students with special needs. I would also like to find more ways to involve parents in their child’s education. I hope to achieve these goals by being an active part of the classroom. I will suggest ideas, listen, receive feedback, and prepare for conferences. I will also get to know the families in my class. I will learn their needs and wants. This will help me know how to better assist them or involve them in the classroom. I will be nonjudgmental of others practices, customs, or cultures. I will also be open to educating myself on different cultures from my own. This will help me develop and constantly reflect on an anti-bias classroom. Through this more families will feel welcome and accepted in the classroom setting. I will also find out the children’s interests and then develop ways to incorporate those interests in the classroom setting and curriculum.

No comments: