Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tech Day

I thought the technology class was interesting, but I felt like we got a very brief overview of so many different things that it was hard to take it all in. For example, when I reflect upon that day I think about the digital paper and the coffee table with the multi-touch screen and all the wireless capabilities. Although those things will probably be more commonplace in the future, it is hard to apply them right now, especially on a school's budget (or my own!)

I think using technology in the classroom is very important for several reasons. First of all, students love using computers, and the more we can get them interested in what they are doing, the better they will learn. Secondly, computer skills are such an essential part of life today, and it will be even more important as our students enter adulthood. Computers can also be a very powerful tool for teaching if they are used correctly so we, as teachers, need to be educated about them.

No comments: